With December being tomorrow! I thought I’d give some cool ideas for stuff to do this December! I know that I always feel like I have a blank stare on my face when my out of town family and friends ask what there is to do in NWA! I get super upset at myself when I go to try and tell them how cool the area is and how there’s a ton of things to do but can’t think of a single thing! I know most people feel the same way about their towns! I bet there’s a ton of things you have no idea that happens in your neck of the woods! You should try and google things to do in your area and see what pops up! Maybe it’ll give you some ideas on trying some new things that you didn’t know was near you! Anyway, let’s get to that list, shall we?!
- December 1st usually begins Fayetteville’s Lights of the Ozarks in the Downtown Square!
- The Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks has the Gardenland Express that usually starts on Dec. 1st and runs through December 14th. Unfortunately, it only happens on the weekends! So, make sure you plan accordingly!
- As always, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is always a great way to spend your time! They have a wonderful trail that you can walk and they usually have something going on during the holiday season!
- Walking around downtown Bentonville is a treat during the holiday season as well! The lights are spectacular and the shops are something as well! P.s. Make sure you visit Onyx Coffee labs! Their coffee is next to none when it comes to taste and experience!
- If malls are your thing then NWA has two you can visit! Pinnacle Hills Parkway in Rogers has loads of places for you to shop and food for you to eat! They also have a theater and an arcade for you to visit if that’s your swing! Fayetteville also has the NWA mall that usually has some holiday events happening!
- Last but not least!!! If hiking or outdoors is your speed then Devil’s Den State Park is perfect! Or there are several other walking, biking, and hiking trails in other parts of NWA that may better suit your needs!
Well, I hope that is a great start to your NWA experience! If you are having some family come and stay with you and want things to do, then I hope this small list helps!. If you are passing through NWA during the month of December then I hope you stop in one of these places on your way through!
As Always, Be Strong and Courageous
NWA= Northwest Arkansas